City Hall

The City of Stratford Hall is your resource for information and questions about our local government as well as services offered in our community. Home to the Mayor and Council and all other service departments, we welcome you to our city and encourage you to call or stop by during business hours from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm!

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact Stratford City Hall?

You can contact Stratford City Hall by calling (515) 838-2311 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or emailing

What should I do if City Hall is closed and I don't have electricity?

You can contact Midland Power at 1-800-833-8876 if the power goes out after hours. If it is Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., please call City Hall at (515) 838-2311.

Can I leave my trash cans on the curb?

When garbage day is over you need to have your garbage and recycling containers off the street and out of the city right of way and put them back on your personal property to avoid damaged or lost containers.  Close to your house is best.

I would like to build a structure on my property. Do I need to clear that with the City first?

City ordinances prohibits building too close to adjacent properties. It is best to contact Stratford City Hall regarding those regulations. A building permit is needed over a certain size, and to install a new structure and when altering the footprint of a current structure.

How do I make reservations for the park shelter house?

To reserve either of the shelter houses at the park, contact Stratford City Hall.

Can I camp in Stratford?

All camping spots are on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are electric hookups in the City Park for campers and camping is allowed for a nominal fee. There is non-potable water by the Park bathroom and a sewer dump nearby. Stop in City Hall today to get started!

What do I do with yard debris?

The City of Stratford has a yard debris site located at the west end of Dryden Street.  You need to come in to Stratford City Hall to get a key that unlocks the gate.

How do I purchase a Hamilton County Freedom Rock plaque?

To purchase a Hamilton County Freedom Rock plaque you can contact Stratford City Hall or one of the committee members to get a plaque form.  Plaques are currently $125.00.


Stratford City Hall
805 Shakespeare Avenue
Stratford, IA 50249